Speech Pathology appointment rebates can be claimed via the
- National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS),
- Private health funds (if speech pathology is listed on your cover) or
- Medicare (conditions apply - see below).
Medicare EPC rebates - Only GPs can decide if you are eligible for this rebate.
In order to qualify for the 5 visits annually clients will need to qualify for a GP Management Care Plan first, then a TCA - Team Care arrangement. If they qualify for both of these, then they access the Enhanced Primary Care program which will give 5 annual visits each calendar year.
- GP Management Care Plan - To qualify for a care plan, a client needs to have a chronic care disease that will be ongoing for 6 months or longer or have a terminal illness. Feeding issues on their own are not considered a chronic disease.
- Team Care Arrangement - If you qualify for the GP Management Care Plan, clients then need to currently see 2 other health care providers apart from their GP. Both who provide different kinds of treatment. These providers can be specialist or allied health providers. For feeding issues, this might be a Speech Pathologist and a Dietitian.
Patients cannot obtain an EPC - Enhanced Primary Care referral for Speech Pathology if they do not qualify for both the GP Management Care Plan and the Team Care Arrangement.
Ready to find out more?
Contact us for a consultation